Authentic Cooking Class In a Traditional Village Around Ubud
* Enjoy an amazing food tour followed by cooking lessons in Ubud, Bali
* Experience meeting and cooking in a traditional Balinese kitchen
* Learn more about Balinese spices and have great opportunity to cook authentic Balinese cuisine
Have you ever wanted to learn how to make authentic traditional Balinese food? Learn how to cook delicious Balinese dishes, utilizing traditional ingredients and preparation methods, in a fully equipped community village kitchen. Learn how the spices used are grown and produced on the island and take home a piece of Bali’s culture from the village of Laplapan.
In this traditional Balinese cooking class you will also be learning about where the food comes from and before you begin your class you’ll get to visit a traditional market to see and learn about the daily activity in selecting local fruits, vegetables and spices that used in your cooking class.
You will be welcomed into a traditional Balinese compound with a beautiful setting overlooking a deep ravine, these stunning surroundings make for a picturesque view. A family whose warmth will make you feel very welcomed. Enjoying learning and making a Balinese style offering for the gods, which is typically done every morning. These are called Kuwangen and Canang Sari, which include a beautiful array of color and nature.
Make a traditional Balinese spice paste used as a base for many dishes – this paste is very fragrant and has a unique sensation for your taste buds. Make coconut oil, which is the best for Balinese cooking.
If cooking is a passion or you’re just a beginner this class is perfect for you to so much in a short time.
You will be warmly welcomed and expertly guided by your host, Puspa, who will help you to discover how to create your very own delicious authentic Balinese dishes and will guide you through this unique cooking class.
No experience necessary.
1. All classes are conducted in English by Balinese chefs fully conversant with Balinese cuisine and culture, in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere in our beautiful kitchen/garden.
2. Explore locally grown and sourced ingredients with authentic coconut-oil processing.
3. Learn to make a simple Balinese offering.
4. Discover Balinese family life by exploring Laplapan village, chatting with local farmers and residents or by touring our local traditional temple.
5. Recipes and notes supplied for you to keep and take home.
We offer a choice of meat or vegetarian dishes.
*Pick-up available island-wide (extra cost)
*Free shuttle service if you’re in the Ubud area.
+62 (0) 813-3793-9095
Jalan Raya Laplapan, Petulu, Ubud, Gianyar Regency, Bali - 80552, Indonesia