A large percentage of our beautiful island’s population relies on tourism alone, meaning Bali’s travel and tourism industry has been forced to adapt and change to provide for their local community.
We’re all waiting kind of patiently, for the world to re-open and to get back to our favourite bars, restaurants, and hotels - but with no end in sight just yet many of you have been asking ‘how can I help now?’
We’ve put together a series of articles showcasing just a few of the ways you can help support the local Balinese people while you’re dreaming of tropical sunsets…
One option is that many hotels in Bali are now offering ‘Buy Now & Use Later’ vouchers, where you can purchase your accommodation voucher now, and use it from anywhere between 12-24 months (every hotel is different - check their individual websites for details). The proceeds of these vouchers will go towards supporting their local workers.
Here’s just a few:
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
Located in the heart of Legian, Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa is offering rooms at significantly reduced rates with their new ‘Save The Holiday’ programme. You can pick your room, buy the voucher and use it anytime over the next 24 months without any date restrictions or surcharges! With their new motto - ‘We’re in this together’ Bali Mandira has created this programme in order to help to support their local staff and vendors.
The Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas
Not only have The Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas the taken precautionary measures to keep both their staff and customers safe, but are helping to sustain their local staff and community by remaining open. On top of that, they are also now offering ‘Buy Now Stay Later’ for The Mulia, Mulia Resort and Mulia Villas which are valid for stays from 31 May 2020 until 30 June 2021.
Kamandalu Resort Ubud
Another company using this initiative is Kamandalu Resort Ubud. With their new ‘Plan Now, Book Later’ programme you can book your room at a discounted rate and use it for stays anytime between 1 September 2020 and 31 December 2021. By booking your future stay, you will be helping the staff and local suppliers as well as giving you something to look forward to.
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort
In the spirit of supporting both their staff and customers, Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort has also taken steps to assist their community. Not only have they remained open, keeping several locals in employment, but they are also offering guests free date changes for stays booked until 31 October 2020. Anantara is also providing a ‘Book now, Stay Later’ where you can book your stay at a reduced rate for stays until 21 December 2021.
Other hotels and resorts offering similar accommodation vouchers are:
- Hard Rock Hotel Bali - Short & Sweet package
- Padma Resort Legian - Advance Purchase
- The Legian Bali - Book with peace of mind
- Sense Hotel Seminyak - Book Now, Stay Anytime
- The Garcia Ubud - Book Now Stay Later
- The Stones - Legian, Bali - Book Now Stay Later (Promo code: BOG)
- Bali Dynasty Resort - Book Now - Pay Now - Travel Later (Promo code: BALI BIBLE)
- Lelewatu Resort Sumba - Pay Now, Stay Later
- Tanadewa Resort - Pay Now, Stay Later
- Aloft Hotel Seminyak - Book Now, Save more, Travel Later
- Element by Westin - Book Now, Stay Later
- Alila Seminyak - Pay 3, Stay 2 nights
- Alaya Resort Ubud - One Night On Us
- Alaya Dedaun Kuta - One Night On Us
- Anantara Seminyak - Pay Now, Stay Later
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali - ONCE IN A LIFETIME
- The Westin Resort, Nusa Dua - BOOK NOW. SAVE MORE. TRAVEL LATER. (Promo code: BOG)
Many of these businesses are striving to sustain as many of their local staff as possible and help to support their local communities and vendors. Purchasing a hotel voucher is just one of many ways that you can help to save Bali and its people; stay tuned for more tips on how you can make a difference.