UNESCO Sites Cultural Walking Tour in Bali
Experience a full day guided walk along the Pakerisan River on this 6 hour small group cultural walk. The Pakerisan River and its watershed is one of Bali’s UNESCO world heritage sites. It includes the famous Tirta Empul holy spring and Gunung Kawi temples and several other historical temples which are seldom known by visitors. You would be taken into a cultural yet spiritual journey to these important sites in this cultural walk. Several activities are also included to show and teach you the local culture. You will visit a local school as part of a charity program. Have a purification bath in a holy spring temple and visit a local priest compound. These activities will leave a memorable experience for you of Bali.
What's included :
- hotel pick up and drop off
- Mineral water and coconut water
- Balinese cloths for temple visit and Purification Bath in Holy Spring
- Charity in local school
- Balinese Lunch
- Guiding fee
- Entry/Admission - Tirta Empul Temple
- Entry/Admission - Gunung Kawi Sebatu Temple
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase by advance reservation)
The starting point of your cultural walk is Pegulingan temple with its remaining archaeological Buddhist and Hinduism temples. You will then have a purifying blessing bath at Tirta Empul Temple. The walk continues to the 11th century temple of Gunung Kawi through native villages and the unexploited rainforest valley. Several breaks are made during the walk where fresh young coconut will be served as refreshment.
Visit the locals in their compound and you will learn how the Balinese people live in their community.
The walk ends with beautiful views of the hectares of rice fields while you learn about Bali’s old irrigation system of Subak Pulagan which is also one of the eldest Subak’s in Bali.
Finish with lunch in the Padi Organic restaurant surrounded by rice paddies in the village of Laplapan before being driven back to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Your hotel lobby
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :your hotel lobby
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions and pregnant women