Ubud’s Batur District by Bicycle
If you want to see the charm of rural Bali, a bike and an expert guide are all you need. Ubud’s surroundings and around Batur Village are known for not being fully explored and offer paddlers of all ages the ultimate experience of authentic Bali.
• A relaxing bike ride through rural Bali
• The exploration of small paths, not accessible by car
• Witness Balinese life from the comfort of your saddle
• Guided by professional local instructors
• lunch at a local restaurant is included
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Joint transfers with a professional driver from and to the starting point.
- Use of a well-maintained bicycle during the tour, complete with helmet
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Madu Sari Hotel & Restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Taro Village Experience
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Stop At: Madu Sari Hotel & Restaurant, Jl. Raya Penelokan, Batur Tengah, Kec. Kintamani, Kabupaten Bangli, Bali 80652, Indonesia
An early morning pick-up by your drive, and we’re off to the central meeting point Madu Sari Restaurant at Batur Village for a morning tea. Your guide and instructor for the day will assign your bicycle for you, will make adjustments when needed and brief you about standard safety issues during our 2-hour paddling through Bali’s green heart. We are using new mountain bikes and these come with all comfort and safety measures for a relaxing ride through somewhat cooler climates. The overall trip will be a recreational one where we can include as many stops as you like to take pictures or simply admire the view.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bali, Bali
We head out on our bike to Pludu Village, where the bike ride begins. Most of the path will lead you through laid-back villages along little-used roads and sometimes muddy tracks. We start with going downhill where all that you image traditional Bali would look like will pass by - picturesque villages, rice paddy fields and decorative temples.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Taro Village Experience, Jalan Raya Taro, Taro, Gianyar 80361 Indonesia
At the end of this trip, we reach the village of Taro; your cycle guide will explain to you about Hinduism and the importance of this in this community and throughout Bali.
We may see women working in the fields to tend to the crop where you may also see a group of ducks wiggling around the rice paddy fields in a funny, orderly procession. We stop at a typical Balinese housing compound where you will have the chance to walk around and see how little has changed over the years. It is a true testament of the cultural richness of Bali well beyond the trodden trails.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ubud, Ubud, Gianyar Regency, Bali
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant in artistic Ubud from where we slowly move back to our meeting point and driver that will take you back to your hotel in Southern Bali or Ubud. Once you are back at your hotel and taking that well-deserved shower, you will look back to a journey that offers a Bali insight that is often overlooked and captures the essence of the charm and authenticity of the island.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis only with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- This tour is not operational during Nyepi Day, Bali’s Day of Silence. The date of this spiritual day changes annually.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Customers booking this leisurely bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way.
- A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest.
- This bicycle tour is a recreational one and covers approximately 15 kilometres of cycling with various stops made en route
- It is recommendable to provide your height for proper bike size at time of the booking.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is suitable for any recreational bicyclists and is organized in collaboration with a pioneer in providing high-end, well-maintained mountain bikes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides