Traditional Balinese Cooking Class & Meal in a Multi-Generational Family Home
Join your host Putu in the kitchen for a hands-on cooking lesson. You'll work together to prepare 2-3 authentic Balinese dishes and as you chop, grind and grill Putu will teach you about the spices she uses in her family recipes as well as the medicinal qualities of Balinese ingredients.
Putu's kitchen is simple, with only a two burner cooktop, and you are sure to be impressed by the speed and fluidity with which she can prepare a complex menu with multiple dishes. You’ll get to taste a variety of authentic dishes with potential ones being Putu’s grilled eggplant with tomato, grilled fish with Balinese sambal (chili sauce), a curry dish (either chicken, fish or vegetarian) or perhaps a variety of pepes (foods seasoned with local spices, wrapped in banana leaves and then steamed). You can expect the cooking lesson to last about 1-2 hours before you sit down and enjoy the delicious meal you helped prepare with your host and her family.
What's included :
- Private cooking lesson and homecooked meal with your host Putu
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Round-trip transport from Ubud hotel
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Round-trip transport from outside of Ubud (extra charge)
Putu’s grandparents are rice farmers and you will be served their homegrown rice with the meal. Putu and her family will take you on a tour of their compound and show you their family temple and explain about the objects in the temple. They have a lovely orchard where they grow jackfruit, cacao, durian, coffee and bananas. They also keep pigs, ducks, chickens and a cow.
Notes: Prices include round-trip transport from your hotel in Ubud.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Transportation from Ubud is included in the price of this experience. If you are staying outside of Ubud there will be an additional charge for transportation. Please contact us for details.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note: Prices include round-trip transport from Ubud only. Please be sure to include your hotel name on the reservation form so your host can arrange for your pick-up. If you are staying outside of Ubud there will be an additional charge for transportation.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.