Tirta Gangga & East Bali Trekking
In the morning drive to East Bali to visit Tirtagangga Water Palace, which means ‘water from the Ganges’. Tirtagangga is a maze of pools and fountains surrounded by a lush garden, stone carvings and statues. The centrepiece is an eleven tiered fountain. The area around Tirta Gangga is noted for its rice paddy terraces.
Lunch will be at a location with stunning views. The food is prepared using an authentic Balinese style kitchen, allowing the real flavours of Bali to shine.
After lunch drive to a small village at Kastala. From here, start a 2.5 hour downhill trek to Tenganan Pagringsingan village. Enjoy the views of ricefields and mountains, and pass by local people working on the land. Continue through rainforest to the Temple of Origin.
Walk around the village while the guide explains the unique traditions of the village. Drive back to the hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Entrance Fees
- Delicious Lunch at a local restaurant
- English speaking Guide when 5 or more persons doing tour
- Entry or admission fee
- Hotel pick up/drop off all hotels in Kuta, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Seminyak and...
- Entry/Admission - Tirta Gangga
- Entry/Admission - Tenganan Ancient Village
What's excluded :
- Any purchases of a personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tirta Gangga, Jalan Raya Abang Desa Adat, Ababi, Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia
Tirtagangga Water Palace, which means ‘water from the Ganges’, is a maze of pools and fountains surrounded by a lush garden, stone carvings and statues. It was almost entirely destroyed by the 1963 eruption of nearby Mount Agung. But, with my love, it was re-built and restored and has an air of authentic royal magnificence.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Tenganan Ancient Village, Jalan Raya Nyuh Tebel, Tenganan, Manggis Indonesia
Travel back to a simpler time with a visit to Tenganan Ancient Village, one of area's oldest communities. Home to the Bali Aga, the original inhabitants of Bali, this settlement features traditional architecture and preserves its age-old techniques for producing textiles. Surrounded by a wall, the village consists of simple homes with green hills as their backdrop. While no motorised vehicles can enter the settlement, you can walk in through one of three main gates, where a small donation grants you full access.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tirta Gangga, Jl. Abang-Amlapura, Karangasem 80852 Indonesia
The former royal palace of Tirtagangga (which means water of the Ganges, Hinduism's holy river) features tiered fountains, gardens, and stone sculptures of mythical creatures spouting water into bathing pools.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your I Asia Indonesia Driver will meet you in your Hotel Lobby
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Be advised that Tirta Gangga is a holy site, therefore appropriate conservative dress is required
- Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary
- Infant seats are available to request but cannot be guaranteed
- Light clothes for this hot tropical climate are a must. Plenty of undergarments and socks as well as walking shoes for any adventures like temple viewing or jungle treks. A light sweater or jacket is also advisable for air-conditioned transportation or highland areas.
- Pick up will be before the actual tour commencement time (except Ubud area)
- Should your travel plans change after booking, do not worry. I Asia Indonesia will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free of charge
- Tour has been specifically designed to provide a more personalised service as maximum number of people in booking is 10
- Transportation will be by air-conditioned car or mini-van depending on total number in tour booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.