The Oceanside Temple of Tanat Lot
Aside from famous bars, restaurants and clubs, there is basically no better place on Bali to watch the sun setting than at the Balinese Hindu temple of Tanah Lot. When the tide resides, the temple becomes accessible for an even better sunset experience.
• Visit the most famous sea temple along Bali’s west coast
• Sit back, relax and simply enjoy the sun setting at Tanah Lot
• A Hindu temple with a fair share of myths and stories
• Mingle with the locals while paying respect
• Transfers from and to South Bali resorts are included
What's included :
- A half-day joint tour with a professional English-speaking assistance on spot
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Taman Ayun Temple
- Entry/Admission - Tanah Lot Temple
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Hotel accommodation on Bali
- Supplements for transfers other than Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and Ubud. Supplements apply also for customers from arriving and departing from any harbour on the island and/or Bali International Airport.
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Pass By: North Kuta, North Kuta, Bali
We will pick you up from your hotel (conditions apply) and follow the road via North Kuta as close as possible along the coastline before we reach the town of Beraban.
Stop At: Taman Ayun Temple, Jl. Ayodya No.10, Mengwi 80351 Indonesia
Before reaching what is said to be one of the highlights along Bali’s western coast, we stop at the Pura Taman Ayun. With its very scenic location in an artificial lake, the temple’s meaning exactly describes its attractiveness – Floating Flower Garden. It would do no justice if we do not walk around the temple compound and admire the impressive surroundings and majestic construction. But the Tanah Lot with its amazing sunsets regretfully do not wait for us.
The magnificence of Bali’s most well-known temple, constructed on an outcrop of rock overlooking the Indian Ocean is known since the first visitors arrived on the Island of the Gods to enjoy its spectacular beaches and lush nature. The spiritual importance of the temple still rules today as only Balinese residents are allowed to enter the complex. But when low tide arrives, and the sun reaches the horizon, the sea withdraws, and access to the base of the Tanah Lot becomes accessible.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tanah Lot Temple, Kecamatan Kediri, Kabupaten Tabanan, Beraban 82121 Indonesia
There is a freshwater spring well near the base, believed to have holy water and for a small donation one can obtain a blessing from the locals. Myths go around that the inner heart of the rock, on which the temple is constructed, still is home to a holy snake.
The real beauty of Tanah Lot arrives once the sun slowly drops into the ocean and creates a magical atmosphere that simply cannot be caught by a camera. There are various points around the temple for a great view of the sun setting. After this natural phenomenon, there is a chance to walk around the nearby market for souvenirs, snacks or perhaps admire some of the on-shore shrines that make it such an impressive region. As we depart in the evening, the outlines of the Tanah Lot slowly fade away behind the horizon.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is not operational during Nyepi Day, Bali’s Day of Silence.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is operated only in the late afternoon. Visitors are not permitted to enter the inner sanctum of the Tanah Lot for religious purposes.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms