The Beautiful Kintamani
This 9-hour tour of eastern Bali introduces you to a bit of island culture and natural features. With a guide, you'll visit a local house compound, where every building serves a purpose and points in a certain direction, and explore the art village of Mas, known for the craft of wood carving. When booking, you have the option to upgrade to a superior class of vehicle for your tour, if you wish. Lunch is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guide
- Shared hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Elephant Cave
- Entry/Admission - Mount Batur
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Harbor entrance fee, if applicable
- Hotels transfers outside of the select regions of Bali, including ports/harbors (supplemental fee applies)
- After hotel pickup in south Bali or Ubud, your day tour starts with a visit to Mas.
One of the many art villages in the Ubud area, Mas is known for wood carving. The craftsmen here work with woods such as banyan and palm to create their handicrafts, a skill preserved from past generations; you can observe them working in open-air shops on items like masks, tables, chairs, and statues. Then enter Ubud itself, located in central Bali among lush rice paddies and considered the cultural center and arts and crafts hub of the island. Home to both local and foreign artists, Ubud features numerous art galleries.
Next, continue your journey to Kintamani in the Mt. Batur area, where you can admire the Tegalalang rice terraces. The paddies are important for their traditional Balinese cooperative irrigation system called subak, which, according to history, was passed down by a holy man in the 8th century. Enjoy the view of palms and rice fields in front of Mt. Agung, the holiest and highest mountain in Bali, before continuing to the top of the ridge of Mt. Batur, which provides a view of the volcano's 4.5-mile-wide (7.5-km) crater. Here, you'll be served lunch and have time to enjoy the stunning view.
On your way back to your hotel, make a short stop at Goa Gajah temple, aka the Elephant Cave, which was revealed to the public in 1923, with its bathing site discovered and restored only in 1954.
Your day trip ends with hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Hotels and resorts located in Ubud and south Bali only
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Standard class option: Tour is operated by a standard vehicle such as Suzuki APV, Toyota Avanza, Toyota Pregio, Isuzu ELF, or Mini Bus (subject to availability)
- Superior class option: Tour is operated by a superior vehicle such as Toyota Innova or Toyota Commuter (subject to availability)
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.