Private Tour: Full-Day Traditional Herbal Jamu Workshop
This private full-day tour will take you on a visit to the Angelo Store in Ubud to uncover the secrets of Jamu. This is a traditional herbal medicine from Indonesia. You will be able to join a Jamu workshop to discover the heritage of this traditional medicine.
What's included :
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This private full-day tour begins when you are picked up from your hotel in Bali.
For hundreds of years, Indonesia has been a paradise for herb and spices. Rich in botanical diversity makes Indonesian food not only full of flavor, but its herbs and spices have also been used in a wealth of medical recipes.
In the center of Ubud, you will uncover the secrets of Jamu: the traditional herbal heritage of Indonesia. You will be able to join a Jamu class in one of the workshops.
Ubud is the artistic heart of Bali. The name Ubud derived from Ubad which means medicine and no wonders. From the beginning Ubud has always enticed many visitors to come and relieve their illness both physically and emotionally.
In the class, you will learn about various things such as how to make Jamu herbal drinks with a cleansing or slimming effect before proceeding onto how to make Boreh a Balinese scrub that can be used to stimulate your nervous system or just to peel off your dead skin. During the lesson they will fill in your curiosity regarding how useful these natural ingredients are in everyday life.
Departure Point :Bali, Bali
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.