Mount Agung Hiking Tour
Discover the magic of Bali before dawn during this 12-hour small-group hiking tour to Mount Agung. Scale 5,905 feet (1,800 meters) above sea level with a climb up the fifth highest volcano in Indonesia. Known to have last erupted in 1963, Mount Agung offers incredible views in every direction and a gorgeous shot of the sunrise over Mount Rinjani on Lombok. This active tour includes breakfast, tea, and snacks.
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Puri Agung Karangasem
What's excluded :
You’ll arrive at the top of the volcano around 6 am and have an hour and a half to watch the sunrise, enjoy breakfast and take pictures. After descending, you’ll arrive back to Pura Pasar Agung around 11 am and be driven back to your hotel.
The best time to climb Mount Agung is from April to October, when the weather is dry. Hiking during January and February is not advised as there can be flooding and landslides in the area. Hikers should come prepared with hiking shoes, a jacket, pants and a hand glove for the journey, which can get cold as you reach higher elevations.
At lower elevations it remains tropical but becomes distinctly cold and often very windy on the high bare rock slopes.
The best time to climb Mount Agung is in the dry season of April to October. January and February should certainly be avoided if possible due to heavy rain, possible flooding and even landslides in the area.
Mount Agung Hiking Itinerary (Approximate Hiking Time 5 Hours) :
pick up at your hotel, depend on where are you stay in Bali.
• 01:45 am : Arrival at Pasar Agung Temple starting point.
• 01:45 am : Begin our trek to the summit and sunrise point.
• 06:00 am : Arrival at the summit, where we witness the spectacular view and sunrise.
• 07:30 am : Begin our descent to finishing point of our trek.
• 11:00 am : Arrival at starting point and boarding car Returning to your hotel.
• Pick up and return to your hotel by Air Conditioned Car
• Experiences local guides English speaking
• Entrance Fee to Karangasem Area
• Drinking water
• Walking Stick & Flashlights
What should you bring:
Hiking shoes, Jacket, Long pants, Hand glove.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms