Lonely Planet Experiences: Local Eat Street Small Group or Private Food Tour
Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures.
Bali’s street food is fresh, fast, cheap, and a great way to crack into the local scene. Join this Bali tour to go behind the tourist areas to where the locals eat: on local ‘Eat Street!’ We’ll stop at a secret warung that only operates at night in a car park with the freshest food, wok to plate, as they say, a roadside café specializing in Bali’s most famous dish, and finish it up with every Indonesian’s favorite dessert cooked on open coals. Hungry yet?!
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transfer by public transportation from meeting point (Small Group Tour)
- Transfer by minivan from meeting point (Private Tour)
- Bottle of water on arrival
- Meals as per itinerary (1 soto ayam per person, shared babi guling dish, 1 dessert)
- Entry/Admission - Eat Street
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities for your driver and guide
Stop At: Seminyak, Seminyak, Kuta District, Bali
In Bali, the villages all have nightly food markets where locals go when the sun goes down. In Seminyak and beyond, locals head out with their family and friends to local ‘Eat Street,’ and on this Bali food tour, we’re joining them at all their favorite spots!
Your private food journey starts at a local food market, where where your guide will take you in and out of the small alleyways highlighting some of the foods you will taste later on Eat Street.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Eat Street, Jl. Laksamana Basangkasa/ Jl. Oberoi, Seminyak 80361 Indonesia
Then will visit a warung (café) famous for its babi guling (rotisserie-cooked suckling pig). Your guide will order for you a shared dish for two people and explain all that appears on the plate before you — which will have maybe five or six different elements. Don’t forget to buy some pork crackling!
From there, we drive to a local Eat Street in Bali, tucked just behind the major tourist area and easy to get to — but oh-so local! We’ll start at the top of the street, where your expert guide will escort you through the numerous small warungs and stalls, picking out things for us to eat as we go.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Starbucks Kerobokan, Jl. Gn. Tangkuban Perahu No.13, Kerobokan Kelod, Kec. Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Legian, Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: This tour directly employs 2 to 5 locals which helps to empower the local community.
- All food prepared at the venues you visit is grown and bought locally. The vendors at the food market are all locals and there is no tourism here except for Urban Adventures.
- By introducing different local dishes, in particular Babi Guling which is traditionally only served at ceremonies, this tour is a way for you to learn more about local culture and traditional ceremonies.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. Men should avoid wearing singlets/tank-tops.
- We will do our best to accommodate any dietary requirements. If you have any allergies or other food requests, please let us know at the time of booking. Please also remind your guide at the beginning of your tour.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour. Please note that the food on this tour will be a very local experience with no “kids’ meals” available.
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.