Full Day The Countryside of Bali
Where nature and authenticity are essential elements on your must-do list for a Bali excursion, this full-day countryside trip will tick off all the checkboxes. The magnificence of the Jatiluwih rice terraces is only one of the highlights on this day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transfers with English speaking assistance from selective beaches and regions only (Southern Bali and Ubud only)
- All taxes and service fees included
What's excluded :
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals (breakfast, lunch and / or dinner) drinks, tips and shopping, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation on Bali
- Supplements for transfers other than Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua and Ubud. Supplements apply also for customers from arriving and departing from any harbour on the island and/or Bali International Airport.
- Tips and gratuities
- Where others turn left, we turn right. Once you have gotten a taste of Bali’s diverse cultural aspects, its deeper understanding of its spiritual side and have lazed away along its world-famous beaches, the inner heart remains yet to be explored. An ingenious itinerary has been created to witness the authentic side - lush, green and filled with picture-perfect moments. The island’s countryside has some hidden treasures that simply need to be explored and get a sense of the local side of the Island of Gods.
An early morning departure from your hotel at selected beaches and regions only is needed to start this wonderful day. We first head out to Munduk village, one of Bali’s most charming and appealing mountain retreats. Munduk’s cool, misty atmosphere is perfect for a walk through plantations that surround the village; this climate is ideal for the cultivation of coffee, cloves, cacao and various tropical fruits – basically anything that grows and is consumed on the island. The fertile grounds around Munduk as an example, is what initially make European settlers so interested in Indonesia, and a few remains, such as colonial Dutch houses, still are a memento to these times gone by.
Before we move further, we visit a waterfall for a short time to admire the clashing water falling down onto the rocks at the foot of the waterfall. Because there is still much more to see and do, we leave Munduk and drive to one of named UNESCO’s World Heritage sites within the vicinity. Panoramic views as good as it gets on the island are to be found at the Jatiluwih rice terraces that are on par with views on top of Mount Batur and the caldera of Kintamani. An area of over 600 hectares of rice terraces that are constructed along the contours of the Batukaru Mountain Range are officially translated as ‘truly marvellous’; we wholeheartedly agree with this and we know you will too. Your guide will show you the unique means of water logistics (called Subak) when we walk along the rice terraces.
We arrive at our lunch address, called the Bamboo Forest Restaurant by Waka Resort. This is one of the best addresses in the countryside to get the true taste of Bali served in the heart of nature. Before we make our way back to your overnight address, skipping the holiest temple around the Batukaru Mountain would be something we simply cannot exclude. The fresh mountain air and constructed along the guiding principles of Hinduism, the Batukaru temple still presents a strong aura of magic and spiritualism when you set foot inside the compound. Your guide for the day will clearly explain what makes this such an interesting temple before we head back to our car for the transfer back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Your booked southern Bali hotel (conditions apply)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your booked southern Bali hotel (conditions apply)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We highly recommend bringing an extra set of clothes as well as sunscreen with a high SPF factor, sun glasses and hat / cap to protect guests from the sun.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.