Flavours of Bali Local Cooking Class from Ubud
All prep work and cooking are hands-on experiences, performed by our students.Our courses (including for Vegetarian) are started with Payangan Traditional morning market, accompanied by the chef to take advantages of cooler out door temperature for shopping, preparing and coking. We learn about Balinese tastes and customs, local meat, fish, and other product, finding ingredients and unique way of bargaining in Balinese style. Touring a traditional out door market provides experiences how Balinese people spend their time before cooking. arrived at the compound house introducing some well grown herbs and spices in our extensive gardens. Students are thought to process the food with traditional utensils and techniques. Paste and sauce preparation is one of the most interesting and important aspects of Balinese cooking, with two types of way Balinese spice preparations, chopped on wooden chopping block and ground in a stone mortar before being cooked in a variety of ways of Balinese dish.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional and informative Flavours of Bali local cooking class
- Minimum Participants 1 person, Maximum 12 people
- Authentic secret of Balinese cooking class from Payangan Village
- Learn to prepare Balinese dishes like JUKUT URAB (V), SATE LILIT AYAM (V/TOFU) , CALON BE SIAP WITH CHAYOTE SOUP (V/TOFU) (contains multiple nutrients and has anti-inflammatory properties that can aid in the treatment of high-blood pressure, kidney stones and indigestion. Chayote can also help support weight loss efforts, as it is low in calories and fibrous), TAHU MESANTEN (V), DADAR GULUNG (V) ala kdongding
- Get cooking tips from an expert local chef
- Vegetarian applicable, please let us know in advance, because we need to prevare it.
- Hands-on Experience
- Traditional morning Market (Morning Class) Night Market (Afternoon) and Balinese compound house tour
- Recipes book
- Culinary Workshop Certificate
- We provide FREE pick up transport in Ubud and Payangan area
- Lunch - For morning Class, all menu will made by your hand self then you will savour the delight that you made for lunch
- Dinner - For afternoon Class, all menu will made by your hand self then you will savour the delight that you made for Dinner
- Coffee and/or Tea - we will welcome you with Bali coffee or Tea, before starting the class, and also you can refill your bottle water at our class for free.
- Cooking tools, Kitchen set tools, Ingredients, Every participant have own station for cooking
- Snacks - season snacks
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- A maximum of 12 people per booking ( IF YOU MAY HAVE MORE THAN 12 PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO DO THE COOKING CLASS IN ONE TIME PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAIL AND SOLUTION)
- If you may stay outside of Ubud and Payangan there will be extra charge for the return transfer - Sanur area hotels, Seminyak, Legian, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran area hotels: IDR 500k (USD $35) Per booking, Bali Cooking Class with Private Transfer.
- For Group up to 12-22 people you can block the date just for your group only
- Bottled water - Please bring your own bottle water, to help us to reduce single use plastic in Bali, Thank you !
- - Payangan Traditional Farmer Market
- Balinese Compound house
- Welcome drink Bali Coffee/tea with Balinese cake
- Testing spice ingredients
- Hands-on cooking class, Students are taught to proccess the food with traditional utensil and techniques. Paste and sauce preparation is one of the most interesting and important aspects of Balinese cooking, with two types of way Balinese spice preparations, chopped on wooden chopping block and ground in stone mortar before being cooked in a variety of ways of Balinese dish. All prep work and cooking are hands-on experineces, performed entirely by our students. We Love to share our knowledge with you, and we are rally lucky to have time and make you peace in happiness
• Payangan Market, Jl. Raya Payangan, Payangan 80572 Indonesia
• KDongDing Cooking Class, Jl. Raya Payangan No.31, Melinggih Kelod, Payangan, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80572, Indonesia
• Jukut Urab (Vegitarian or non Vegitarian) - Mixed Balinese salad with organic Balinese red bean, grated coconut and sambal goreng.
• Calon Be Siap ( Vegetarian with tofu and tempe) - Balinese spice meat ball with cayote and clear chiken soup
• Sate Ayam ( Vegitarian with tofu) - Grilled minced chicken/tofu in Balinese spice, wrapped around a lemon grass stick and chicken/tofu skewer with peanut sauce.
• Tahu mesanten - Tofu with organic vegetable in Balinese coconut sauce
• Dadar Gulung - Pandanus leaf scented pancake with coconut and palm sugar
Departure Point :KDongDing Cooking Class, Jl. Raya Payangan No.31, Melinggih Kelod, Payangan, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80572, Indonesia
Traveler pickup is offered
Fabulous Ubud Tourist Information Ports
- Benoa Port
- Padang bai
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact us if you have any special requests (e.g. allergic foodstuffs)
- A minimum 1 person and maximum of 12 people per booking ( IF YOU MAY HAVE MORE THAN 12 PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO DO THE COOKING CLASS IN ONE TIME PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAIL AND SOLUTION)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Sanur area hotels; IDR 350k (USD $ 30) Per booking
- Kuta, Seminyak, Legian, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran area hotels: IDR 500k (USD $40) Per booking
- Our car only can fit up to 6 passenger, if your party more than 6 people The extra cost for guest seven to twelve : is $15 USD per person.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.