Balinese Cooking Class Experience
This cooking class is presented to you who have keen interest in authentic Balinese food and culture. Here you will learn to cook well-known local dishes in a relaxed and friendly environment. This small classes (only 4-12 people) are held in a traditional open kitchen, and led by certified Balinese cooks, making for a highly personalized and rewarding experience.
The class starts with a visit to a local traditional market to buy fresh ingredients. On this experience you’ll feel the real Balinese culture as you experience its rich of tradition and the unique flavors and smells. You'll then prepare a complete 5-course set lunch which will be served after the class.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Visit traditional market
- Coffee and Balinese cake
- Cooking Instructor
- Balinese cooking class
- Visit Balinese house compound
- Lunch of all the dishes you made
- A certificate of cooking class
- Local government taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Bali Sun Tours
What's excluded :
- Start this experience with pickup from your accommodation, then direct visit to traditional market to take advantages of cooler outdoor temperature to buy all of cooking needs.
At the traditional market you will get a great chance to see the real Balinese culture and lifestyle. Your guide will explain about Balinese tastes and customs, local meat, fish, and other product, finding ingredients and unique way of bargaining in Balinese-style. This visit will give you an experiences of how Balinese people spend their time before cooking.
Next, you will be leaded to the house compound. Once you arrive at the compound you are welcomed with a Balinese coffee and cake created by the culinary team of your cooking class. Introducing some well-grown herbs and spices in our organic garden is an extra experience before you start the lesson at Balinese Kitchen.
You are taught to process the food with traditional utensils and techniques. Paste and sauce preparation is one of the most interesting and important aspects of Balinese cooking, with two types of way Balinese spices preparations, chopped on a wooden chopping block and ground in a stone mortar before being cooked in a variety of ways of Balinese dish. All prep work and cooking are hands-on experiences, performed entirely by you.
After the class finish, you will then enjoy the lunch which all the dishes made by your own. Finish your lunch and getting ready to be drop off to the original pickup point as the end of this experience.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Depends on the option you choose:1. Option "Private Transfers" including pickup and drop off in Canggu, Seminyak, Denpasar, Legian, Kuta, Tuban, Jimbaran, Sanur, Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua.2. Option "Pickup in Ubud Area Only" including pickup and drop off in Ubud Central area only.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking, but the class can accommodate 12 participant
- The duration is approximately 6 hours from pickup till drop off
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.