Bali Spa Experience by VW Kombi with Meditation Session and Lunch
Bali is practically synonymous with pampering, and that’s what you will get on this full-day cultural spa tour. You’ll cleanse your consciousness with a visit to a Balinese mangku. Beautify your body with a luxury spa treatment and sip cocktails at sunset at a fabulous beach bar. Talk about the ultimate mind-body treatment!
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transportation in a VW Kombi (with driver)
- Mineral water
- Cold towel
- Spiritual healing/meditation session
- Lunch with juice or soft drink
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink
- Spa services and treatments
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
- Your full-day Bali tour will take you southeast from Ku De Ta Seminyak to Legian, where you’ll arrive at one of the island’s best spas. You’ll get to pick from a list of treatments (at your own cost), anything from a Shiwa Balinese massage to a Balinese Boreh body mask, with 60 to 90 minutes specifically set aside for you to relax and enjoy! Spa treatments have long been practiced locally on the island, and today, Bali is a world-leader in such indulgences — so you’re in the right place for pampering!
Then, with your mind mellow and your body blissed-out, you’ll stop for a 3-course lunch at the spa café, where you can fill up on delicious dishes like Sumatran-style beef or snapper cooked in white wine.
After lunch, head to the home of a local mangku (priest) for a spiritual healing and meditation session. Ibu Mangku practices the ancient art of spiritual healing and meditation and she’ll lead you through a private ceremony to help unlock your unconscious. What’s more, female priests are quite rare in Bali, so a meeting with her will be an extra special experience! This ceremony can be quite emotional for some people — it’s not uncommon for some participants to cry during the process. However, the mangku will care for all participants and explain to those affected how they can continue their healing after they’ve left her home and temple.
You’ll then depart the mangku’s house and travel back into Seminyak for stops at two spas. A popular women’s spot for hair treatments and mani-pedis, and a men’s barber for cutthroat shaves, hair treatments, and athletic massages. Pick you treatment preference (at your own cost) and indulge!
With everyone pampered, blessed, and relaxed, you’ll head to one of the best bars in Southeast Asia for a sunset cocktail (or two — trust us, you won’t be in a rush to leave!).
Lastly, throughout it all, you’ll be travelling in retro-cool style, in a modified 1980s VW Kombi limo equipped with a sound system, 2,000 tunes to choose from, a mini bar, Wifi, charging ports and cables (so that you can upload all those jealousy-inducing Instagrams, of course!).
Departure Point :Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that spa services may be subject to change
- Please note that all locations that are visited require at the very least, shorts, t-shirt and footwear to be worn. Tank tops and singlets are not allowed as a general rule. As we will be visiting a priest and taking part in a healing service, modest attire is recommended. According to Balinese religious beliefs, women who are menstruating are not permitted inside temples, but may walk around the outside of the temple and look in. Please use your own discretion as to whether you should enter.
- Children and teens under 15 years of age are not permitted to join this tour
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour directly employs local women who are paid an above average wage, which helps them not only to support themselves financially but also their families.
- We have formal agreements that are updated each year so that all parties are happy, and suppliers like the priest you meet on the tour have direct input into how the tour is run.
- We also work with one of the few local female priests, and on your tour you will experience exactly what a local would experience when your visit. You will visit the house of the priest for a spiritual healing ceremony at her private temple for a true cultural immersion.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.