Ancient Bali: Expedition to Trunyan Village (with Lunch)
Embark on this full-day private tour that immerses you in an ancient civilization and reveals secrets of their unique rituals and customs. Along the way, catch glimpses of the imposing Mount Batur, visit a sanctuary and take a ride in a wooden canoe. Speak with locals and get a real feel of their day to day lives.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Kuburan Terunyan
- Entry/Admission - Batur Mountain View
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kuburan Terunyan, Terunyan, Kintamani, Bangli Regency, Bali 80652, Indonesia
You will be picked up early in the morning for your expedition to explore the ancient areas of Bali.
The tiny village you will visit first is located between the lake and the outer crater rim of Mount Batur. It is usually called “Desa Bali Aga” as this village is inhabited by descendants of the original Balinese people who pre-date the Hindu Majapahit Kingdom in the 16th century.
Afterwards, cross to Trunyan Village and travel on foot visiting the temple and ancient trees of myth. You will then journey in a traditional wooden canoe paddled by locals to Trunyan's final sanctuary.
Listen to stories of the Village's rites of passage as you go, learning that when a villager passes away, the people simply leave the body of the deceased on the ground to decompose naturally. It is said that there is no odour from the dead bodies. The villagers attribute this to the scent of the fragrant menyan tree from which Trunyan takes its name, Taru Menyan.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Batur Mountain View, Jl. Culali, Desa Batur Selatan, Kintamani, Batur Sel., Kec. Kintamani, Kabupaten Bangli, Bali 80652, Indonesia
Next, drive back around the lake to the top of the caldera. Enjoy your lunch with the magnificent view of Mount and Lake Batur.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Bali hotel (Uluwatu, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Canggu, Denpasar, Sanur,Ubud). Please advise the hotel telephone number.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Languages other than English will be subject to availability
- No refund will be made if guests are not taking certain service(s) included in the package
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.