A Sunrise Trekking up Mount Batur
If you’re searching for the ultimate sunrise, Mount Batur’s top at 1717 meters above sea level is the place to be. A 2-hour trek up this holy mountain with an end result that takes your breath away and you’ll soon forget the very early morning call.
• Experience the arrival of a new day from 1717 meters
• Challenge yourself during a 2-hour hike uphill;
• Guided by a professional team of climbing experts
• Watch now night turns to day on top of Mount Batur
• Local breakfast and refreshments are included
What's included :
- An 8-hour tour with professional English-speaking trekking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver (South Bali, and Ubud only).
- Refreshments and snacks at the top
- Trekking equipment and insurance coverage
- Light breakfast during the tour
- All entrance fees and activities, where applicable
- All taxes and service fees included
- Entry/Admission - Caldera Batur Sunrise Trekking
- Entry/Admission - Mount Batur
What's excluded :
- Transfers other than Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Ubud, Uluwatu, Tanjung Benoa,Legian
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Stop At: Caldera Batur Sunrise Trekking, Jl. Bukit Catu, Songan A, Kec. Kintamani, Kabupaten Bangli, Bali 80652, Indonesia
A very early morning pick-up (around 2 am) from your resort is the start of a challenging hike up to one of Bali’s most dramatic landmarks. The last eruption of Mount Batur was in 1999, and although the volcano is still active as smoke rises from its heart, the climb up is a very safe and a secure one. We begin our ascent at around 1200 meters above sea level where temperatures are mild at this time of day.
An early morning pick-up is waiting for you to drive to the milder climate of 1200 meters above sea level. Begin the 2 hours trek to the top (1717 m) to enjoy the sunrise: this is a challenging trek, which will bring each member of your team closer together. From here, you will have a magnificent view of the sunrise over the crater. We walk around the rim of the volcanic cone to see the caldera of the last eruption. The trek in total will take around 2 hours before we reach the top of Mount Batur, even before the sun is out.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mount Batur, Kintamani 80652 Indonesia
We walk around the rim of the volcanic cone to see the crater with its lake of the last eruption while an unbelievable 360-degree view presents itself in full glory. With the clock hitting 6 am, it is time to sit back, relax and enjoy the arrival of a brand new day.
While enjoying the view, your trekking guide may even show you how to make use of the volcano’s steaming fissures and starts preparing a light breakfast before we descent back to the foot of the volcano. During our descent, we will explore three younger craters while local village as the base of Mount Batur enter a new day, surrounded by the towering and spiritual Mount Batur. With a path of black sand and melted lava created by centuries-old eruptions, you slowly gain a deeper appreciation for this mountain. The people living around the volcano believe strongly that the land and its waters have healing powers and are sacred. These trails have been the result of two extensive volcanic eruptions in the past.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded.
Departure Time :2:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on private basis with driver and an English-speaking hiking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along South Bali (Sanur, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Legian and Seminyak) and Ubud. Transfers outside these areas, including any harbour and Bali’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- This tour is not operational during Nyepi Day, Bali’s Day of Silence. The date of this spiritual day changes annually.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of dishes at the rafting camp.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- During this adventure tour, customers may require to wade through streams and rivers.
- Depending on the water levels, this can range from feet up to knee-deep and even higher. Good, waterproof hiking shoes are essential for this excursion.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pick-up and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Customers require having a decent to good condition to climb up to the mountain. Essential equipment to bring is good walking shoes, a sweater / jacket and comfortable fitting clothing.
- This tour is operated in cooperation with X-Treme Adventure; a highly professional company specialized in such adventurous journeys
- This excursion is not recommendable for children under the age of 5
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms