A Day in the Life of a Balinese Farmer
Spend a day living a traditional local farmer's life.
After breakfast, meet your driver and set off from your hotels to Tabanan, a beautiful area of rolling green landscapes, terraced rice fields and huge mountains.
On arrival in the village you will be welcomed by local farmers. Chat together over a healthy drink and learn how how rituals and prayer play an important role in their lives. They will explain about Subak, an age-old, ingenious irrigation system that gives everybody water rights so all rice fields receive water all year long. See how coconut oil is produced and how to bake traditional Balinese cake.
After coffee and some of the delicious cake, join one of the farmers on a walk through the rice fields. Help out with the daily chores either planting, transplanting or harvesting the rice, depending on the season. After the hard work refresh yourself with a young coconut drink and then walk to a traditional Balinese house for lunch. Return to your hotel in the afternoon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Day tour to farmland in Tabanan
- Professional English speaking Guide
- Lunch in a traditional Balinese house
- Coffee and cake
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any drinks not mentioned in Inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tabanan, Tabanan, Bali
Spend the day with a local farmer as you live his traditional lifestyle.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all hotels in the Kuta, Sanur, Seminyak, Jimbaran and Ubud areas.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Pick up is approximately 30 minutes prior to the tour commencement time (except Ubud)
- Transportation will be by air-conditioned car or mini-van depending on total number in tour booking
- Infants 2 and younger are complimentary. Children under 12 years must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Tour has been specifically designed to provide a more personalised service as maximum number of people in booking is 10
- At least 2 adults are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability
- Light clothes for this hot tropical climate are a must. Plenty of undergarments and socks as well as walking shoes for any adventures like temple viewing or jungle treks. A light sweater or jacket is also advisable for air-conditioned transportation or highland areas
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.